Skip to main content

New Year Shimmer card


Hello and Happy New Year!

I don't know about you but I was so ready to say buh-bye to 2016 as it was personally a very difficult year for myself and my little family, and that's before going into all the awful things that also took place... Rarely has a single year been as challenging for me as this one has been. We did of course have some good times too but it was a relief to get to a new year. January usually feels like a brand new, clean slate for me and that 'anything is possible' vibe is invigorating and encouraging. Last year was anything but so I'm ready to tackle 2017 and some of the exciting opportunities and adventures I have lined up!

One of the things I am determined to do this year is send out more happy mail to my many lovely friends who have been there for me and supported me through all the tough times. Another one is to finally master my Minc machine despite having arguments with my god-awful printer almost every time I use it. That printer was a seriously bad buy and such a waste of money... Don't you hate it when that happens?? You think something is going to be great and then it's just a cause for frustration and annoyance. Meh. Well, luckily for me, there is now a Minc mist so I don't need to use the stupid printer! Ha!

I love the look of white and gold together, it doesn't matter if it's crafting, fashion or porcelain related, I simply adore it! Is it just me or does it pretty much work for everything?? Can you tell how much I like it?

The inspiration behind this card is that brand-spanking-new-anything-is-possible feeling I mentioned at the beginning and I found the perfect sentiment to build my card around too. 'Dream a little dream' is from the Beautiful Blooms-Sweet Rose stamp set and my original idea was to make a shaker card with the Mocha Vanilla Latte sequin mix. I started by stamping the sentiment in VersaMark on a pre-cut stitched label, which I think is from Pretty Pink Posh, in Kraft card stock. I also added a few stars for that dreamy look before sprinkling gold embossing powder all over it. With all that done and dusted I got to work cutting out foam tape to raise the label up buuuuuuuut (you might have guessed it) I had a little brain-slip and forgot to add the acetate film that is the "window" part of the shaker compartment. These #EpicFails keep on happening...

A bit of re-thinking was quickly done and instead of a shaker card, I decided to sprinkle sequins on it in a sort of 'star burst'-ish pattern.
















Right, back to the foiling part: I sprayed the Minc Mist on a diecut panel of super smooth cardstock and then ran it through the machine on setting no4 with the gold foil covering the mist. It looks so shimmery and lovely! The foiled panel got attached to a textured gold card stock with a thick foam tape before the whole thing got glued down on a white card base.

Foiling really is so much fun and looks fabulous, but it does take some practice to get it right every time and I still need more before I can say confidently that 'this works and this doesn't' but I'll keep at it and let you know what I come up with. It will be hard work but I'm willing to take one for the team!















One last little thing before I go, I don't know if you already do this but just in case you don't, here is a little tip to keep your sequins and sequin mixes organised and making it easy for you to re-order your favourite mixes: using double sided tape, add a small strip to the label that comes with the bag and simply stick it back on the bag once you have opened it. It makes it much easier to remember what they are called if like me, you blog or just simply want to keep tabs on what you have got in your stash.
















Happy crafting from

Erica


Love and Laughter,
  Photobucket


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Layered Card - Featuring Kennedy Grace Creations: Time To Blossom

Hey folks! I'm back to share a card from the Kennedy Grace Creations New Release! The stamp set I used today is the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . I really enjoyed the simplicity of this set. You could totally heat emboss this and do some fabulous watercoloring, but Copic's seems to be the way to go for me lately so that's what I did. I started by stamping the image twice on my card panel. The only masking I did was a tiny bit on the stem. The name of the game was to keep this super simple folks. As I said, I colored the images with Copic's. Another thing I enjoy about the Time To Blossom Stamp Set is that you could choose any colors you wanted. I chose red-violets and yellow-greens, but seriously peeps, whatever floats your boat and it will looks great! To finish off my card, I used a added a couple of hand drawn lines to the background and I stamped a portion of a stamp that is also in the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . That's it! Easy peasy. T

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. All you have to d
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I colored her in with Tombow watercolor markers.  I then added some wink of Stella over the hat band and hair bands to make them pop.  I stamped several of the pumpkins, leaves, acorns and mushrooms coloring them all the same way. I then cut som